Thursday, April 06, 2006

Question #32

First, my response to question #31:
I think hospitality is one of the most ignored practice among Christians. I'm not saying that Christians are inhospitable; rather, I'm suggesting that hospitality is rarely seen as being among spiritual practices such as prayer, worship, and Bible study. Yes, I think it is on that level of importance. Hospitality is not just being congenial to guests, it is truly caring for those whom you don't know. It means taking in the stranger, not simply wishing him or her well. This was what Jesus was referring to in Matthew 25 when he told the story of people asking him, "when did we see you, lord?"

Now for today's question:

Question #32
There is no fighting quite like that between siblings. The civil war among the tribes in Judges is seen again and again in civil wars today. Why is it so hard for us to get along with those most like ourselves? And what can we do to bring peace?


Post your answer (anonymously if you prefer) using the comment field and come back tomorrow for my response and the next question.

No comments: