Saturday, April 08, 2006

Question #34

First, my response to question #33:
What is so wrong with saying, "I wasn't thinking when I said that, I'm sorry"? Admitting that we were wrong can be so very hard, but look at what dire consequences can result from that kind of stubbornness. I wish I could say that I was good at admitting my mistakes, but I'm not. Politicians have made an art form out of well-crafted explanations of past mistakes that never seem to actually admit the mistake. Wouldn't it be refreshing to hear genuine apologies in public life?

Now for today's question:

Question #34
The last word in the book of Judges is that everyone did what was right in his or her own eyes because there was no king. The direct interpretation is that lawlessness abounded due to the lack of a monarch, but it seems that the bigger spiritual problem is doing what is right in your own eyes, i.e. having no reference beyond yourself. Reflect on the times that this has been true for you.


Post your answer (anonymously if you prefer) using the comment field and come back tomorrow for my response and the next question.

No comments: