Friday, April 14, 2006

Question #39

First, my response to question #38:
I know that my sinfulness is not unique. I'm not suggesting that because I'm sinful just like everyone else that I have an excuse. No, the similarity means that the people who actually participated in crucifying Jesus were no different than I. I would have been party to it as well. So in a real sense, every sin of mine today drives another nail into Jesus' flesh. This is particulary true when I participate in "corporate sin" (primarily through my silence) such as racism, sexism, materialism, etc.

Now for today's question:

Question #39
The time from Jesus' death to the resurrection is only about 40 hours, but just like a difficult week at work it can seem like a very long time. What are the hopes that you longingly wait for in this time in between?


Post your answer (anonymously if you prefer) using the comment field and come back tomorrow for my response and the next question.

No comments: