Saturday, March 11, 2006

Question #10

First, my response to question #9:

I've never had a lot of material things in my life, so I've learned to get along without much. But that doesn't mean that I don't covet more stuff, or that I don't get cranky when I lose what I have. I'm pretty unhappy if I can't have Internet access when I want it. In the larger picture, I'm pretty wealthy and haven't really been tested, so I'm not sure how I would react if God were to reduce what I had by the 98.6 % that Gideon's army was reduced (22,000 to 300).

I do know that I have found myself complaining to God lately about the lack of numbers of people around me, e.g. at worship or at special events. It is hard to continue to be faithful to what God calls me to do when I don't see the results reflected in some tangible way. But perhaps the victories that we are meant to achieve are not the kind that we can measure numerically.


Now for today's question:

Question #10 Gideon attacked using surprise and panic. When have you used fear as a weapon?

Post your answer (anonymously if you prefer) using the comment field and come back tomorrow for my response and the next question.

No comments: