Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Question #25

First, my response to question #24:
I usually come to my senses pretty quickly when I'm coveting material things, since I know that they don't hold the power to bring me true happiness. The times that I impatiently demand action is when I'm looking for results from some long-term effort. It can be very hard to trust God to provide the growth after I've done whatever "planting" or "watering" that is required. Leaving things in God's care can often be difficult.

Now for today's question:

Question #25
There is a very disturbing part to the story of Samson's Philistine wife. The text says that Samson's parents objected, but that they didn't realize that this was from God, as it would give a pretext for the later violence against the Philistines. So how do you respond to that? Is that how God behaved? Does God still behave that way? Is it just the opinion of the author? What does that say about your view of scripture?

Post your answer (anonymously if you prefer) using the comment field and come back tomorrow for my response and the next question.

No comments: