Friday, March 17, 2006

Question #15

First, my response to question #14:
Ironically, I can't think of a good example of God using irony with me at the moment. cmh's example in the comments was a good one; that happens to me a lot. I do know that very often in my prayers I hear God remind me of things I already know by helping me to remember what I've said. This always brings a smile to my face and sometimes I've laughed out loud during prayer because of it.

One of the common metaphors in scripture about God's irony is the tale of the people who dig a hole to trap another and falls in it themselves. The backfiring of plans with bad intentions is surely an ironic message from God.


Now for today's question:

Question #15
The death of Abimelech can be seen as divine intervention (a stone falling from the heavens) because of his disloyalty to God. Hopefully, it doesn't take a stone hitting you on the head for God to get your attention, but can you name an instance when God used a dramatic event to get your attention?

Post your answer (anonymously if you prefer) using the comment field and come back tomorrow for my response and the next question.

No comments: