Monday, March 20, 2006

Question #17

First, my response to question #16:
Shame's power in my life has mostly been the ability to silence me when I feared the opinions of others. Issues of honor and shame rightfully seem foolish when looked at objectively. Really, what difference would it have made if Abimelech's death had been by the hand of a woman? Invariably, shame causes us to make foolish choices.

Now for today's question:

Question #17
There is a fascinating parallel between God's response to the people's plea for rescue and Jephthah's response to the elders of Gilead when they ask him to help rescue them. Is there a time in your life when you have had to go "hat in hand" to someone you had previously wronged to ask for their help?

Post your answer (anonymously if you prefer) using the comment field and come back tomorrow for my response and the next question.

No comments: