Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Question #12

First, my response to question #11:

I don't know that I've ever really lusted for power. I do relish the limelight and probably enjoy attention more than I should. I know that I'm very disappointed in most of the individuals who seek elected offices since they seem to have insatiable appetites for power and influence. I worry about our nation's leadership and pray that God will deliver us from the bad choices we regularly seem to make.

Now for today's question:

Question #12
Since Abimelech's name means "my father is king" that would imply that that his father (Gideon) named his son in recognition of his position (which we were led to believe he rejected). Where does that line between the burden you inherited from your family and the trouble you brought on yourself exist for you?
Post your answer (anonymously if you prefer) using the comment field and come back tomorrow for my response and the next question.

No comments: