Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Question #13

First, my response to question #12:
Perhaps like many of you, I have found that leaving my family of origin and starting a family of my own has given me lots of opportunity to repeat the mistakes I saw my parents make. Many of the negative behaviors I swore I would never do, I find come very naturally. It's not just an issue of nature vs. nurture, as if some behaviors are "hard-wired" and thus unavoidable. I know that I have to take responsibilty for my behavior as an adult and avoid the pitfalls that I know I'm prone to because of my history.


Now for today's question:

Question #13
Abimelech is first disloyal to his family (killing your brothers is a pretty extreme example), then the leaders of Shechem are disloyal to their agreement with Abimelech. When has disloyalty been a problem in your life?

Post your answer (anonymously if you prefer) using the comment field and come back tomorrow for my response and the next question.

No comments: