Monday, March 06, 2006

Question #5

First, my response to question #4:
I did a paper in seminary on the expression "and the land had rest" in Judges. I had hoped that it was an expression related to Sabbath practice. I couldn't prove my hyphothesis, discovering instead that its likely meaning is simply that there was a period without warfare and conflict.

In my lifetime there have been very few years that have passed without my nation being at war at some point somewhere around the globe. A period of peace is a very precious thing. The absence of inter-personal conflict in my own life is a precious gift that I need to learn to treasure more, since it is in valuing it that I am inspired to create it all the more.


Now for today's question:

Question #5 Gideon had to reject his family traditions (6:25-27). What has serving God cost you?

Post your answer (anonymously if you prefer) using the comment field and come back tomorrow for my response and the next question.

No comments: